An accomplished employment law and business litigation attorney, Eric Epstein has a 35-year plus career with more than 100 trials including approximately 70 jury trials. Eric has experience in employment law representing both the employer and the employee in a wide variety of cases, including wage claims, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and disability discrimination. His business litigation experience involves litigation regarding trade secrets, fraud, partnership issues, contract rights, unfair competition, and commercial matters. In real estate matters, he has represented owners, developers, landlords, tenants, brokers, and contractors in disputes involving easements, title, contract rights, leases, options, financing, commission, and construction. He has also acted as a general partner, limited partner, and syndicator in numerous real estate transactions. With years of litigation experience as a practicing attorney, Eric now serves as a third party neutral—bringing his rich experiences from both in and outside the courtroom. He serves as an arbitrator on select panels including the Agency for Dispute Resolution (ADR) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA) where he mediates and arbitrates cases involving employment, real estate, and commercial disputes.
- Mediator and Arbitrator at Agency for Dispute Resolution (October 2011-Present)
- Arbitrator with American Arbitration Association (1999-Present)
- Arbitrator with NASD - now known as FINRA (1999-2005)
- Principal and Attorney at Eric M. Epstein A Professional Corporation (2000-Present)
- Principal and Attorney at Epstein & Reed (1978-2000)
- Certificate in Mediating the Litigated Case from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law (2012)
- Various arbitration training courses from the American Arbitration Association (1999-2010)
- NASD Arbitrator Training (1999)
- J.D. at Boston University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts at Brandeis University
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Member of the California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Affiliated with the American Arbitration Association
- Admitted to practice in California and in the U.S. District Court, Central, and Northern Districts of California (1975)
- Admitted to practice in New York and in the U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York (1972)
- Participated in more than 100 trials including approximately 70 jury trials.
- Served as co-counsel in the published Court of Appeal decisions Harris v. Investor’s Business Daily (2006) 138 Cal.App.4th 28, and Steinhebel v. Los Angeles Times, 126 Cal.App.4th 696 (2006), as well as the reported case of Heffelfinger v. Electronic Data Systems (C.D.Cal. 2008) 2008 WL 892989 all of which involved employment related claims.
“My 35 years of experience in representing both employers and employees, as well as both plaintiffs and defendants in business disputes, combined with over 100 trials, gives me a unique perspective in evaluating the merits of a case in order to facilitate a fair and equitable outcome for the parties.”
Michele T. Pfeiffer