Mark has been a licensed attorney since 1981. As an attorney, he was an associate with a sole practitioner in a General Law practice, performing services for people in many different disciplines, including personal injury, business to business, insurance, products liability, and family law. For 15 years, Mark was also instrumental in the development of a family business manufacturing dental devices. During those 15 years he was active in starting a new company and managing between 300 – 400 people in the United States and Mexico. He was also responsible for FDA and International Regulatory standards, legal issues, and sales worldwide. During these years, Mark gained a unique cross-cultural perspective that only years of managing people and negotiating can bring. Upon sale of the business in 2007 and his separation from the company that bought it in 2009, he has dedicated himself to the practice of mediation. Mark is devoted to putting things together, not tearing them apart. He now facilitates agreements and has a profound passion for doing it.
- Mediator at Agency for Dispute Resolution (2011- Present)
- Mediator at California Academy of Mediation Professionals (2010- Present)
- Mediator at The Center for Conflict Resolution (2009-Present)
- Director of Corporate Sales for Miltex Inc. / Integra Life Sciences (2007-2009)
- General Manager of Precision Dental International Inc. (1993-2007)
- Associate Attorney at Law Offices of Myron S. Laipdis (1979-1987)
- Advanced Conflict Resolution Strategies for Mediators and Collaborative Professionals Training Certificate at American Institute of Mediation (2010)
- “Mediating the Litigated Case” Training Certificate at Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University (2009)
- J.D. Southwestern University School of Law (1981)
- B.A. Hofstra University (1978)
- Southern California Mediation Association
- United States Central District Court
- California State Bar
- Mediated more than 200 court ordered and voluntary mediations over the past 18 months.
- Managed and successfully grew a family owned dental manufacturing company into two international manufacturing and distribution companies. Lead the growth of the companies from one manufacturing location in California to four locations (three in Mexico), and from 25 employees to over 400.
- Nominated for a Los Angeles Business Journal 2004 Family Owned Business Award.
- Assisted in the development, manufacturing, marketing, and sales of new dental products on an international level.
- Successfully oversaw the establishment and implementation of ISO 9001 / 9002, (subsequently upgraded to ISO 13485:2003) and CE accreditation for all of the products and manufacturing facilities allowing for increased international growth of the companies. Product classifications were Class I and II (a).
“Helping parties work past their Positions and getting to their real Interests is what I’m committed to doing. Justice comes when parties make their own decisions in how their dispute is resolved. I can see a time when Dispute Resolution is the primary way people resolve disputes and Court Trial is known as ALR (Alternative of Last Resort).”
Michele T. Pfeiffer