Amy L. Lieberman, Esq.
Experienced and sought-after neutral, Amy Lieberman has helped resolve more than 1,000 disputes and has more than three decades of legal and ADR experience with a special expertise in negotiation, mediation, and arbitration of employment disputes and business and commercial disputes. Frequently retained by litigation counsel, corporations and individuals who wish to resolve conflict through ADR techniques, Amy Lieberman resolves conflicts between executives, key personnel disputes, claims of discrimination, harassment, unfair treatment, ADA violations, wrongful demotion, suspension, termination, wage, executive compensation and severance disputes. Since 2001, Amy’s skilled mediation sessions have influenced thousands to peacefully resolve their conflicts and enjoy the high value benefits that flow from successful closure. Her niche expertise in employment disputes, combined with the rare ability to handle both legal and interpersonal conflict, sets Amy apart, enabling her to embrace tough conflict, and to provide peace of mind and enhanced business relationships.
- Distinguished Neutral at the Agency for Dispute Resolution (2013-Present).
- Arbitrator, Mediator, and Executive Director at Insight Employment Mediation LLC and Insight Mediation Group LLA (2002-Present).
- Judge Pro Tem or the Superior Court of Arizona (2002-2012).
- Faculty at Arizona Employer’s Council, AGTS, Ross-Lieberman Training Center, IEM (2002-Present).
- Employment Mediator and Training Specialist for Out-of-Court Solutions (2002-Present).
- Assistant City Attorney for City of Scottsdale (1993-2001).
- Partner at Horne, Kaplan, and Bistrow (1988-1993)
- Associate Attorney at O’Conner, Cavanagh, et al. (1986-1988)
- Congressional Intern at the Office of Congressman Nicholas Mavroules (1980)
- State Bar of Arizona
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN)
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators (ACCTM)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR)
- Maricopa County Bar Association, ADR section and Corporate Counsel Section
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment and ADR sections
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Arizona ACR
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- Maricopa County ADR Association
- Valley of the Sun Human Resources Association
- Employee Assistance Program Association
- Scottsdale Training and Rehabilitation Services
- Scottsdale Leadership
- Women President’s Organization
- J.D. at University of Arizona College of Law, summa cum laude (1984)
- B.A. at University of Denver, summa cum laude (1981)
- Best Lawyers in America- ADR
- Southwest Superlawyers - ADR
- Ranking Arizona Leading Lawyers – ADR (Ranked #1 in ADR in 2013)
- Top Lawyers in Phoenix- ADR
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers - ADR
- AAA Mediator and Arbitrator
- ACR Advanced Practitioner, Workplace Mediation
- ACR Advanced Practitioner, Employment Arbitration
- Mediation Success: Get it Out, Get it Over, and Get Back to Business (ISBN 9781475012033, 2012).
- Resolving Law Firm Conflicts, Attorney at Law Magazine (2012).
- It’s Not Business, It’s Personal, Attorney at Law Magazine (2011).
- The Driving Force of Desires: Reaching Resolution in Mediation, Arizona Attorney (2008) and ACCTM American Journal of Mediation (2010).
- The A-List: Emotions in Mediation, American Arbitration Association Handbook on Mediation (2010).
- Disputes in the C-Suite: 8 Rules of Negotiation and Resolution, Vistage Bizmore (2010).
- Mediation in Health Care: The Smart Way to Resolve Conflict, AZ Health Care HR Association Newsletter, (2008).
- Anatomy of a Mediation, Arizona ADR Forum (2005).
- Maximize Your Mediation, Arizona ADR Forum (2004).
- Mediation Success: Get it Out, Get it Over and Get Back to Business, Arizona Association for Conflict Resolution (2012).
- The Business Case for Mediation in the Public Sector, Western Region IPMA Annual Conference (2012).
- Resolving Conflict: Psychic Income, Northern AZ HR Association (2012).
- Preparing for Mediation and The Opening Session, ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Annual Advanced Mediation and Advocacy Skills Institute (2011).
- Control Your Destiny: Be Dispute-Wise, AZ SHRM (2011).
- 6 Secrets of Successful Conflict Resolution, International Association of Venue Managers (2011).
- Impact of the Economy on Resolution of Employment Disputes, AZ SHRM (2010).
- Secrets to Successful Conflict Resolution: Lessons from the Expert, Vistage National Speaker (2010-2011).
- Mediating the Non-Litigated Case, ABA ADR Section, Annual Meeting Arizona State Bar (2010).
- Building Better Workplace Communication, Northland Pioneer College (2009).
- The Mediator’s Perspective: Effective Preparation and Advocacy in Mediation, Arizona State Bar Labor and Employment Annual Seminar (2009).
- Resolving Executive Level Conflict, AzSHRM Annual Seminar (2009).
- Conducting Effective Investigations, AzSHRM Annual Seminar (2009).
- The Vanishing Jury Trial, Arizona State Bar Annual Seminar (2009).
- Phoenix EEOC Technical Assistance Seminar, Mediation of EEOC Charges (2009).
- Drafting Employment Arbitration Agreements, Arizona State Bar and AAA (2009).
- The Driving Force of Desires – Reaching Resolution in Mediation, Institute of Management Accountants (2009).
- Age and Disability Discrimination, AAA and ICDR Neutrals Conference (2009).
- Strategic Use of ADR in the Workplace, AzSHRM Conference (2009).
- Conflict Resolution in the Workplace, American Society of Women Accountants (2007).
- Decision-Making and Award Writing in Labor and Employment Arbitration: Advanced Concepts, ACR Annual Conference (2007).
- The A-List: Emotions in Mediation, ACR Annual Conference (2007).
- Marketing your Mediation Practice, ACR Annual Conference (2007).
- Resolving Conflict: Power and Perception, AzSHRM State Conference (2007).
- Conflict Resolution in the Workplace, City of North Las Vegas (2007).
- The Role of Corporate Counsel in Mediation, Maricopa County Bar Association (2007).
- Conflict Resolution in the Workplace, City of Goodyear (2007).
- Handling Employee Grievances: Consider All the Angles, North Las Vegas Human Resource Association Annual Conference (2007).
- Employees’ Privacy Rights, AzSHRM Annual Conference (2007).
- Emotional Stages in Resolving Workplace Conflict Through Mediation, Arizona Employers’ Council (2006).
- Culture Based Behaviors: Clash Avoidance, AzSHRM State Conference (2006).
- How to Market a Mediation Practice, Association for Conflict Resolution (2006).
- Building Effective Workplace Communication, Safari International (2006).
- Appearing Before, Choosing, and Becoming a Mediator, State Bar Convention (2006).
- Avoiding Workplace Liability, Hacienda Builders (2006).
- Etiquette and Protocol in Mediation, National Structured Settlement Trade Association (2006)
“What excites me is the ability to blend the business, legal, practical and personal aspects of conflict into the mediation success process, so parties can ‘get it out, get it over, and get back to business.’”
T 800.616.1202 x746
Michele T. Pfeiffer