As a mediator and peacemaker, Doug Noll has worked on over 1,500 conflicts, both litigated and non-litigated. Doug specializes in difficult, complex, and intractable conflicts where relationships are involved. When important relationships are at risk, Doug Noll helps people rebuild trust, hope, and happiness when all they feel is despair, frustration, and anger. As a neutral, Doug Noll utilizes various forms of dispute resolution to help the parties make the best decision possible with a full understanding and acceptance of the deep consequences of that decision. As a former commercial and business trial lawyer, he has a deep understanding of complex, difficult, or unique cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts. In addition to experience in AAA commercial and construction arbitration, Doug Noll has a broad range of expertise including business, finance, construction, commercial, agricultural, employment, constitutional law, insurance law, and government contracts.
- Neutral with Agency for Dispute Resolution (2012-Present)
- Mediator and Arbitrator at Noll & Associates (2000-Present)
- Talk Show Radio Host at The Doug Noll Show (2007-Present)
- Mobius Executive Leadership (2007-Present)
- Principal at Boogaert & Noll LLC (2006-Present)
- Shareholder and Associate at Lang, Richert & Patch, P.C. (1978-2000)
- Law Clerk for Hon. George A. Hopper California Court of Appeal, Fifth District Assistant (1977-1978)
- M.A. in Peacemaking and Conflict Studies at Fresno Pacific University (2001)
- J.D. at University of the Pacific (1977)
- B.A. in English at Dartmouth College (1973)
- President and Board Member of the California Dispute Resolution Council
- Founding Member and Board member, Mediators Beyond Borders
- Distinguished Fellow of the International Academy of Mediators
- Fellow of the American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the California Bar Association
- Member of the Fresno County Bar Association
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court (various districts), U.S. Court of Appeal (various), U.S. Supreme Court (1989)
- Admitted to the Bar, California Supreme Court (1977)
- Attorney of the Year (CLAY Award) for Pro Bono Service (with Laurel Kaufer) at the California Lawyer Magazine California Lawyer Magazine (2012).
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution Book Award (2011).
- International Mediation Institute (IMI), certified.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney.
- ELUSIVE PEACE: HOW MODERN DIPLOMATIC STRATEGIES CAN SOLVE WORLD CONFLICT (2010).
- Dealing with Biases in Settlement Decisions, ADVOCATE (2010).
- The Myth of the Mediator as Settlement Broker, DISPUTE RESOLUTION JOURNAL (2009).
- Chapter 2: A Theory of Mediation IN HANDBOOK ON MEDIATION 2D EDITION (2010).
- Doug Noll and John Boogaert, SEX, POLITICS & RELIGION AT THE OFFICE: THE NEW COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE (2006).
- Chapter 3: The Neuropsychology of Conflict IN THE PSYCHOLOGY OF RESOLVING GLOBAL CONFLICTS: FROM WAR TO PEACE (2006).
- PEACEMAKING: PRACTICING AT THE INTERSECTION OF LAW AND HUMAN (2003).
- Prison of Peace Training at Valley State Prison for Women, Chowilla, California, 2010-2011.
- Micro-Interventions in Mediation at American Academy of ADR Attorneys, Des Moines, Iowa, November 2011.
- Impasse is a Fallacy Workshop at American Institute of Mediation, Riverside, California, October 2011.
- From Peace in Prisons to World Peace Mediation training at American Arbitration Association, San Francisco, California, October 2011.
- Micro-Interventions in Conflict Mediation at National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals Annual Conference, Amelia Island, Florida, August 2011.
- This is your Brain on Mediation at American Academy of ADR Attorneys, Dubuque, Iowa, April 2011.
- Getting Unstuck: Understanding Emotions in the Settlement Process, Sacramento, California, April 2011.
- The Neuropsychology of Peace of Conflict at Southeastern Conflict Management Conference, Lipscombe University, February 2011.
- Myths of the Mediator as Settlement Broker at 2010 Neutrals Conference at American Arbitration Association, Orlando, Florida, November 2010.
- High Maintenance Personalities in Mediation at Fall Conference of International Academy of Mediators, Nashville, Tennessee, Octobe4r 2010.
- Mediating the Non-Litigated Dispute at American Institute of Mediation, Los Angeles, California, August 2010.
- Exploring the Heart of Darkness in Mediation at the Annual Conference of The Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Greenbelt, Maryland, 2009
“My job is to help people make the best decision possible with a full understanding and acceptance of the deep consequences of that decision. If important relationships are at risk, I help people rebuild trust, hope, and happiness when all they feel is despair, frustration, and anger. No lawsuit or coercive power play can do anything like this, which is why I have found my work so satisfying.”
Michele T. Pfeiffer